One of Buddy Boys favorite activities lately is "running circles" which is pretty much what it sounds like. We go out into the front yard and chase each other in circles. There are a few rules I have discovered as I play. 1) This is not a 1 player game. It requires at least one other person and preferably a grown up. Little sisters are allowed, but seem to damped the fun a bit. 2) There is no particular objective. You aren't trying to get anywhere. It is more of a process driven activity. Just running in circles, a little chasing and tag, a little spinning around and falling down, but mostly just running in circles. I would feel a little silly playing this game by myself, but we have fun together. This made me think a little bit about how easy it is to focus on the objective or the purpose of something rather than just enjoy it as it happens. Much of my day is spent doing things that are quickly undone or that are just a part of the daily process of keeping the house and home together. As much as I like to get things done and feel like I have accomplished something it turns out I like running in circles sometimes too.
No comments:
Post a Comment