This morning I went out to pick up the patio umbrella that had blown over. As I moved it a lizard scuried out from underneath. How cute, a little lizard, I thought. It wasn't moving very fast since it was still a little chilly. I like having the little bug eaters around. I just don't ever want one to find its way into the house. I moved the umbrella closer to the house and started to put it up when a second lizard fell from the top. It startled me a little and I was certainly glad it hadn't dropped on me. When I looked up I saw the shadow of a third lizard sitting on top of the umbrella. I was pretty glad that it was on the top and not the under side. I don't mind the little lizards in the yard, but I don't want one scurrying down my back. Then I saw the fourth lizard on the underside of the now partially raised umbrella. This one gave me the shivers and I jumped back a bit. Buddy boy thought it was fascinating and pulled a chair over and climbed up to get a closer look. After a few minutes in the sun the one on top ran to the edge and jumped off. The one on the underside was probably to cold to move much so I tried to help it out by shaking it off. It stuck. I tried some more and finally knocked it down. It fell to the table and after a minute in the sun was able to move when I dumped it off the table. I'll have to watch in the mornings outside and beware of the sluggish lizards.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Leaping lizards
This morning I went out to pick up the patio umbrella that had blown over. As I moved it a lizard scuried out from underneath. How cute, a little lizard, I thought. It wasn't moving very fast since it was still a little chilly. I like having the little bug eaters around. I just don't ever want one to find its way into the house. I moved the umbrella closer to the house and started to put it up when a second lizard fell from the top. It startled me a little and I was certainly glad it hadn't dropped on me. When I looked up I saw the shadow of a third lizard sitting on top of the umbrella. I was pretty glad that it was on the top and not the under side. I don't mind the little lizards in the yard, but I don't want one scurrying down my back. Then I saw the fourth lizard on the underside of the now partially raised umbrella. This one gave me the shivers and I jumped back a bit. Buddy boy thought it was fascinating and pulled a chair over and climbed up to get a closer look. After a few minutes in the sun the one on top ran to the edge and jumped off. The one on the underside was probably to cold to move much so I tried to help it out by shaking it off. It stuck. I tried some more and finally knocked it down. It fell to the table and after a minute in the sun was able to move when I dumped it off the table. I'll have to watch in the mornings outside and beware of the sluggish lizards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment