
A friend who was expecting her first baby asked me when I got my me time. Well there isn't much, but I don't regret it. I had a lot of me time through many years of college and a few years of working before there were kids and a husband. I guess in a way that makes up for having less now.
Here are a few things that keep me happy and sane:
Park Day - You would think that this was for the kids. I look forward to it as a time that I can visit with friends and spend time outside.
Book club - Some of the same Moms that I see at the park are in a monthly book club. I love it. I read things that I might not read otherwise. The kids come and play while we talk about the book and life.
Creative indulgences - I like to draw, paint, sculpt, sew, cook new things etc. It is all (especially the art) rather amateur, but I like it.
Remembering that this is all very temporary. I need to cherish the best things and remember that the challenges will pass pretty quickly.
I am also at a place in life where I feel free to be me, warts and all, not someone filling a role or someone elses expectations. I really enjoy it. Life is really good.
more wordful wednesday
Here are a few things that keep me happy and sane:
Park Day - You would think that this was for the kids. I look forward to it as a time that I can visit with friends and spend time outside.
Book club - Some of the same Moms that I see at the park are in a monthly book club. I love it. I read things that I might not read otherwise. The kids come and play while we talk about the book and life.
Creative indulgences - I like to draw, paint, sculpt, sew, cook new things etc. It is all (especially the art) rather amateur, but I like it.
Remembering that this is all very temporary. I need to cherish the best things and remember that the challenges will pass pretty quickly.
I am also at a place in life where I feel free to be me, warts and all, not someone filling a role or someone elses expectations. I really enjoy it. Life is really good.
more wordful wednesday
5 comments:
Keeping everything in perspective definitely helps!
What would be do without Book Club and Park Day?!
Being happy with who and where you are is a wonderful expression of love of self...you wrote it simple and beautiful. Thank you.
I too try to cherish the moment that I'm in. Sometimes "Me Time" can be snuggling with your baby or playing together. It's good to have alone time too, but I wouldn't trade my Mommy moments for anything.
Your bookclub comment made me curious to take a closer look at your Goodreads list. I noticed you gave Wild Swans a 5-star. I thought I might recommend "Life and Death in Shanghai". Cocoa recommended it to me and I've been ever so grateful. It's amazing.
Post a Comment