Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Six little words

The topic for this week's Wordful Wednesday is to describe your life in six little words. Six words. How do you sum it all up in just six words? Hmm...

"Seeking adventure. Contented domesticity, less ordinary."

I can't resist the urge to elaborate a little bit on my six words.

If you looked at what I do on a daily basis it isn't particularly extraordinary, cook, clean, care for kids, repeat. Often what makes a situation ordinary or extraordinary is your frame of mind. I enjoy having my mental energy to myself. (This isn't true of my time or physical energy.) I can take time to think and dream up all sorts of things. It doen't always go beyond that, but that's OK. I rarely took time to do this when I was working full time. It was all work during the day and taking care of the house and family in the evening, along with more work. It is so much better now.

My husband talks about living the life less ordinary and thinking outside of the box. He does this easily. I don't think that he was ever in the box. I have always found that refreshing although it isn't without it's challenges. I have also felt like I am often living outside of the main stream even if it is mostly in my head. It is kind of nice out here once you get used to it. Does everyone feel this way or is it just me? For now we are having fun with the kids and setting the stage for future adventures. I am happy with where we are, but also looking forward to the future.

What six words describe YOUR life?



More Wordful Wednesday here

5 comments:

Montserrat said...

I really like the contented domesticity part. There are so many who aren't happy or pleased to be staying at home. Well done.

Aimee said...

I agree! Being happy in your present stage of life is such a good thing. It is nice to look forward, but it never helps to wish you were there instead of where you are now.

kjha said...

Good timing...I've been trying to figure out how to live outside the box while, well, living inside of it too!

Becky said...

I like the living less ordinary idea. Perhaps it blurs into my fearing mediocrity...it just sounds less dramatic. :)

JoyLeanne said...

I love "contented domesticity". So beautifully put.