We had a great visit from Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma arrived with a cooler full of showballs for my California kids. Throwing snowballs was a huge hit.
Before they arrived we had to come up with a list of projects so that they would stay. If we run out of projects Grandpa starts itching to go. We had a list and got through it all. As Grandpa frequently says, "Always good for a project". New curtains in the living room. Serious trimming of the grapes and other stuff in the yard. One bush had what I thought was a dead branch. It turned out that the whole bush was dead and the greenry on top was hanging over the fence from the neighbors yard. A structure for the shade tarp. A temprorary fix of the funky exposed plumbing on the roof that turns into an unwanted solar water heater in the summer. In August the water comes out so hot that it could burn you. A clean garage! We had just thrown stuff in when we moved in last summer. Now I can find things again even though the work bench needs a little work. Wheww...
We took a day off and went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I figured it was educational so I took Buddy Boy out of school and away we went. We all had a great time. I have to say that a Monday during the winter seems to be the time to go to avoid crowds. It was fantastic. We could see the displays and all the animals and I wasn't worried about losing the kids in the crowds.
Grandpa loved the spring like weather, especially when he heard that their home town had a high of 19 on the day we were eating our snacks outside watching the waves come in.
Watching the feedings at the kelp forest
Buddy Boy the barnacle
The jelly fish and sea horses were favorites
Lots of great interactive kid stuff to do. The whale flippers were Baby Girl's favorite.
A good day, but we were all worn out by the end.
It is so fun when family comes to visit. We'll see them next time at their house.
No comments:
Post a Comment