Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bendaroo stamps

Awhile ago we got a care package in the mail that included Bendaroos.  They look like slightly sticky waxy yarn or string that you can use to build things.  We've had fun with them, but I came up with a new use for them, DIY stamps.  You can shape the Bendaroos and stick them on to wooden building blocks, or anything flat, to make a stamp.  I got the idea after seeing stamps made from plasticine on Pinterest.  My Girl and I had a great little crafty time making stamps and stamping our pictures.
 



Birthdays have been on the brain lately.  Not just lately, more like ever since her last birthday, last December.  It's picked up a bit as her next birthday has gotten closer.  So she wanted to make a birthday cake, not just any cake, a multicolored picture with a cake, plate, candles and a flame.  She actually made four different stamps for the four colors and did a good job of carefully lining up the stamps just right.



My shapes were a little less complicated, but just as fun.


No comments: