Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Buddy Boy


Buddy Boy is 8!  We celebrated with a family party with the Santa Cruz cousins and Grammie and GrandDad.  I think everyone had a great time.  Buddy Boy wanted a Minecraft party.  Minecraft is one of his favorite games.  We usually only let him play the single-player version, but tonight for his party his cousin set it up so that they could all play the multi-player version together, just the three of them.  He loved it.  Unfortunately, his computer pooped out part way through the evening.  I hope it isn't fatal.
 
 
In Minecraft you spend a lot of time collecting supplies and building things.  One of the things you can make is cake.  So we made Buddy Boy a Minecraft cake birthday cake.
 

He also requested a pinata... in the shape of a ghast.  What is a ghast you ask?  It's a mob that lives in the Nether of course.  You can check the Minecraft wiki if you have any more questions about the game.  Ther is more there than a person needs to know.  We went the easy way and used a cereal box covered with paper plus a little duct tape for the grey squares.  The big boys made quick work of it.

 


 
Buddy Boy's one request for presents was a stuffed creeper, another type of Minecraft mob.  I didn't have enough time to order one online so I made one instead.  Fortunately, it's just squares and rectangles.  I was feeling a little bad because it wasn't the "real thing" that he had seen online, but I shouldn't have worried.  He loved it and now Teddy Panda has a little green friend.  I also stenciled a creeper head on a shirt.  He's growing so fast that the shirt doesn't have much grow room in it.  Oh, well.  I'll just make another one the next size up pretty soon.  It also looks like I'll be making one a size down for My Girl. 
 
 
Happy Birthday Big Boy!

No comments: