Here is the annual interview with the kids. It's been a bit more than a year, but at least I remembered to do it.
Weight: 73# (85th %ile) and height 55" (91st %ile) Still tall and thin.
1. What are your favorite colors?
Cyan, light blue, and blue.
For stating three colors there isn't much variation there.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Bacon
I'm not sure where this started. I buy bacon a couple times a year. He really love it. Over the summer we stayed at a hotel that included breakfast. One day he had a full plate of bacon and nothing else. I figured it was vacation and he never got that at home. After not too long, he wasn't feeling so good. Maybe he learned his lesson. Maybe not.
3. What is your favorite candy?
Nerds, gum
4. What is your favorite drink?
Sprite and Diet 7-up
5. Where is your favorite place to go?
McDonalds, Reno, home
How did McDonald's make the list? We only go to McDonald's on our way to Utah and back. Maybe it's the scarcity that makes it appealing.
6. What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
Hang out, play board games
I like playing some of the games we have. Others, less. Once a week we have some friends over. Buddy Boy, his friend, and Dad have been playing Dungeons and Dragons. Buddy Boy really loves the adventure and the story aspect of the game. He also likes other adventure type games like Settlers of Catan, and Munchkin.
7. What is your favorite toy?
Stuffed animals near my bed. Such as Teddy Panda, Tuff Tuff, Froggy, and Creepy.
Teddy Panda is now 6 years old. He is showing his age, but is still the favorite.
8. What is your favorite thing to wear?
My Panda shirt
Buddy Boy has a tendency to wear a shirt until I tell him to change. He would go days if he could and sometimes he does if I'm not paying attention. His favorites are the Panda shirt of course. Another favorite shows a picture of an angry looking unicorn with the caption "Fix Bayonets". Dad got this for him. I think it is pretty funny. He thinks it is awesome. Other favorites are Minecraft related. His new one says "Powered by Redstone". Another favorite is camouflage. I'm not sure why I find his clothing choices so fun. I guess it just says something about who he is. He isn't doing it to be fashionable. It's just because he likes it.
Almost daily he also wears a fleece lined flannel shirt he calls "Jacky", because it is a jacket-shirt. He tops the whole thing off with a hat we got last summer at Dinosaur National Monument. The hat's name is Wilson.
9. What is your favorite animal?
Panda
We are on year number two of panda calendars.
10. What is your favorite song?
Radioactive parody - Redstone active
Buddy Boy spends a lot of time watching YouTube videos Minecraft music and Minecraft and other game tutorials. It's probably too much, but it is much better than most of the stuff on TV geared to his age group.
11. What is your favorite book?
Calvin and Hobbes treasuries
A classic.
12. What is your favorite game?
I don't know. Minecraft. Board games. Dungeons and Dragons, or D&D for short.
13. Who are your best friends?
Everett and Ryan
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
My Survivorman thing
Survivorman is a TV show where a guy goes to some remote place and has to survive. For Buddy Boy it involves going out to the back yard and playing under the lemon tree, setting up shelters with the kayak, and filling holes full of water. He takes his survival tools (Swiss army knife etc.) out with him and has a great time with the tree and his imagination.
15. What is your favorite TV show?
Mythbusters, Survivorman
16. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Teddy Panda
18. What is your favorite thing to do inside?
Computer. YouTube videos, Minecraft
19. What do you want for your birthday or Christmas?
Big bucks and spy stuff.
He wants to buy an iPad. We are probably one of the few families that he knows that doesn't have one. He uses them at school and at Grammie's house so there isn't any shortage of iPad time in his life. We will get one eventually, but we are OK for now.
20. What do you want to do in the next year?
Get an iPad. Go somewhere I haven't been before.
21. What do you like about school?
Fun stuff my teacher lets us do, like grammar zone, and Sumdog.
22. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Programmer for Minecraft updates.
Sometimes I wonder if he should be doing more programming with Scratch or other kid things. He does some here and there. Then I think that he is 8 years old and it's OK. When he's a little older we will step it up a bit since it is something he really likes, but it's OK if it isn't happening right now. It's good to play Survivorman in the backyard.
Friday, January 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment