Sunday, August 3, 2014

Dance

My Girl had a dance recital at the Community School theater this spring.  The center was a high school until 1980 and has great facilities including this very grand looking theater/auditorium which was built in 1938 as a WPA project.  The painting on the ceilings and the light fixtures give you an idea of the style.

 

They performed two numbers, one tap and one ballet.  They got the green tutus because they were dancing to Crocodile rock.







Even though she was a bit nervous before the performance, she did a great job and had a lot of fun.  I'm glad I got to see it.  I had been teaching Saturday morning classes for Fall and Winter quarters.  I just couldn't do it for Spring too.  This Spring my classes were during the day while the kids were at school and on Friday afternoons.  Dad works from home those days and picks them up from school then takes them to Cub Scouts.  It all works out OK.

No comments: