The first day of school! It was a great, fun, relaxing summer and now the craziness begins again. The kids are looking forward to school, especially seeing their friends. For me this means the beginning of early mornings and busy busy busy.
Buddy Boys is starting 5th grade, his last in elementary. My Girl is starting 2nd. When did they get so big? I feel like they both grew inches over the summer.
Buddy Boy was glad to go back, but I think he enjoyed the leisurely pace of summer.
My Girl was SO excited. She woke up well before she needed and was positively vibrating with excitement.
The second graders get desks instead of just shared tables. The girls were so excited about the desks. It's all they talked about as they were lining up to go into the classroom.
The second day I managed to get a couple more photos of Buddy Boy. He starts 20 minutes before My Girl so if we are running late he has to pay the price.
I have a few weeks before I start teaching again. Once that gets going my days will be full as well. I will be teaching two 4 hour classes back to back. It is going to be a long day, but it is just one day and I don't have to teach Saturdays. I will have my Saturdays back. My other days are filled with volunteering at the kids' school and art. I have my regular painting class and I am also trying to get in to the intermediate drawing class. I'm on the wait list so we'll see. I took beginning drawing last winter and really want to do more. I just hope it isn't all too much.
I'm sure that once I get going it will all fall in to place. I just need to pick up the pace a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment