Monday, October 8, 2007

Fall Favorites


I really like the changing of the seasons. I especially like the transitional seasons of spring and fall. Where we live now, these seasons are a little more subtle. You have to look for the differences, but they are there. Here are a few of my favorite things about fall.

1. Brightly colored leaves. My Mother-in-law has a tree with leaves that turn a shockingly bright red. I love it.

2. Changing light. The sun is lower in the sky and gives the light a completely different quality.

3. Cooler weather. Enough said. Not too cold, not too hot.

4. Memories of High School cross country. It was awhile ago, but it was a good time. Ever since then I always get the urge to go running in the fall even if I'm not in shape for it.

5. Thanksgiving. Good food, good family.

6. Pumpkin and apple things. Yum.

7. It feels like a time to start new. Maybe this has to do with being in school for so long.

No comments: