Awhile ago one of my favorite songs was "That's who I am" by Sarah Evens. It starts out, I am Rosemary's granddaughter, the spittin' image of my father... I recently read or at least partially read the book Do What You Are. (Check out my GoodReads list!) It is a career planning book based on personality types. Apparently I am an ISFP, an introverted, sensing, feeling, perceiver. Interesting. What is interesting and funny is that some of the things that I do, have done, or would like to do are listed as suggested careers for this personality type (dietitian, interior designer, geneologist). I must have known it all along.
Back to the song... and the geneologist bit. Recently I have really been enjoying studying my husband's family's geneology. I am still compiling what the family knows and combing the census records for siblings and children. I have found an uncle that no one remembered and the names of family members at least one more generation back. I love it. I think it helps to know who you are when you know about the ones that you came from.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment