Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pollyanna

I heard a bit of an interview on the radio the other day where a woman was talking about the story of Pollyanna and how her unreserved optimism is seen as a negative thing. In the story the title character is always seeing the happy side of things and playing the glad game. The person on the radio thought that this attitude was almost delusional. You can't be glad all of the time. I didn't like her side of things, she seemed too pessimistic. I think that there are too many people who are willing to see the doom and gloom around them whether it is on an international, national, or personal scale. It is true there is always something that you can find to complain about if you want to, but why? There is no value in it and you miss the good things that are happening. Acknowledge and accept the good things in life and about yourself and others. It is there if you are willing to see it.

No comments: