Here I am at about age 4 or so. I remember this day and the ooy gooey way the bread dough felt between my fingers. I loved baking bread as a teenager as well. There was something rather relaxing about it for some reason. I still like the way the dough comes together and turns silky smooth as you knead it.Other childhood memories:
Reading Dr. Seuss books with Dad.
The tomato fight on the back porch with my brother. We were little enough that we were in our pajamas when it was still light outside. There was just something irresistably satisfying about the way a ripe tomato splats when it hits someone or something. We got in trouble for that one.
I remember cutting my own bangs in front of the foggy bathroom mirror while Mom showered. They were much too short and at a crazy angle. I don't know if it would have been any better if I had been able to see what I was doing. Mom did her best to camoflauge the damage, but there wasn't much she could do other that just wait for it to grow out.
We loved the Bookmobile during the summers. It stopped on the corner around noon every other week I think. I remember checking out the Mrs. Pigglewiggle books and Big Red and other books by Jim Kjelgaard. I thought that it was cool to have a last name with a double a.
No comments:
Post a Comment