Saturday, August 30, 2008

Who are you kidding?

I recently read The Distant Land of My Father. The father in the book is at first a man consumed by his life, his business, and his dreams and often living in a sort of fantasy world where he does not or cannot see what is happening until it all comes crashing down around him. How easy is it to be unaware when things are about to get bad, potentially really bad? In my good little life I hope that I am not completely missing something. There are certainly areas where I could do better and I am working on that. It takes some real honesty to lay bare your life in careful introspection. I am working on that as well. Sometimes the easiest person to fool is yourself, especially when you don't want to hear the truth.

1 comment:

Salisbury Family said...

It's amazing to me, how thoroughly I have fooled myself, and how in retrospect....I was so blind. Interesting how time passes, and the past becomes more clear...now if I just had a crystal ball for the present and future? I guess just good common sense and a sense of inspiration would suffice!