What a fun weekend. My parents came for a visit. We haven't seen them since last year when baby girl was born. It has been awhile. We talk on the phone frequently, but it isn't quite the same as an in person visit. It was especially good to see Mom. She has had a rough summer, but things are looking up. Treatments are over and she is starting to feel better.

We also spent part of a day trying out sugar cookie recipes. I am looking for the perfect sugar cookie and have yet to find it. Mom brought her 6 favorite recipes and we tried 2 of them. Buddy boy loved this. Every morning he wakes up and asks what we are going to make today.
We also made curtains for Baby girl's bedroom. I have had the fabric for awhile, and even had it cut out, but just haven't pulled out the machine to sew it all together. I think they are quite cute. Now I just need to hang them.

It was perfect weather, warm and sunny, but not hot. It gets dark so early that there was still time to go outside to play in the dark after dinner. Buddy boy wanted to make cake and soup in the back yard. He set the table and called us all to dinner. He also likes to go in the front yard and run in lines, circles, squares, and triangles, as well as just playing tag.
2 comments:
Hi Sis,
Mom and I looked at the post and it was fun to read it. (I'm also explaining what a "blog" is to her!!)
Catch you later!
Your SoCal Bro!
Alison,
I found you thru Lisa Martins blog!! How are you? Your children are absolutely beautiful.
Michelle Butters
Childrenofthechurn.com
Post a Comment