About 15 years ago I had just finished college and moved to a pretty small town in the desert away from all of my family and friends. There were times that I was just miserable so I decided to make a list of all of the things that I was thankful for. At the time I wasn't feeling very grateful for anything about my situation. I finished with over a page of things including the fact that there was great mountain biking just outside my front door and I had no need to travel to "get away from it all" because I was already there. This taught me that there is always something, however small, to be grateful for. Right now things are quite different and I am still grateful. Here are a few things that make today's list, in no particular order.- My husband who forgets our anniversary, but remembers it before I do. (Really, we both forgot our anniversary last week. Happy 6 years!)
- My kids who are now sleeping in until 6:45 am. It sure beats 5:30. Daylight savings time was not pleasant for a non-morning person like me.
- Buddy boy's happy singing all day. I've been working on the railroad... Camptown races... I'm a little turkey, my name is Ted... Are you sleeping... Doe, a dear, a female dear...
- Baby girl's face that lights up when she sees me play peek-a-boo and I help her escape the dreaded high chair.
- We have a comfortable, if cold, house to live in.
- My husband has a job that allows me to stay at home and answer endless questions. What today? What make? What word say? What time is it? Which way? Going to school with Daddy today? Where we going? Come, I'll show you.
- Outlets for my desire to be creative, artistic, and musical however limited my skill.
- Friends for afternoons at the park and book club.
- My mom and her improving health and telephone calls.
- Family I love who live nearby.
- Family I love who live to far away.
- Faith and prayer and God.
This is just a partial list. There is so much more, the beautiful colors and shapes of autumn leaves, sunsets, indoor plumbing, gingerbread cookies, pomegranates, winter gardening...

For more see Chocolate on my cranium
3 comments:
It's hard when we're in the thick of a trial to remember there are things to be grateful for. Beautiful list!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hooray! Being grateful helps in the cold winter months. It's so goo to hear from you! I love seeing your family. Thanks for finding us.
Good. It's good to hear from you. Goo is what has been coming out of my two year old's nose for the last week.
Post a Comment