Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas stars
In my quest for Christmas cookie perfection I came up with these little bits of buttery goodness. The recipe is actually the crust for a pear apple tart with a little extra sugar added. It is essentially a shortbread cookie with an egg yolk, lemon zest, and mace. I brushed them with egg white and sprinkled them with sugar and topped them with an almond for fun. This is the best version yet.
I also extended my fascination with wire to Christmas stars. I had the idea for these stars to be tree ornaments. They add a little shine, but you can't see them very well in the branches. They do however make great toppers for packages and plates of star cookies. Again I think that part of the fun of these little things is the shadows they cast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment