I have been baking a little lately. I think I have found the
sugar cookie recipe I was looking for. It turns out that the secret ingredient was nutmeg of all things and butter. Thanks to Meg for suggesting her favorite
cookie recipe. It was yummy, but as she notes it is a little hard to work with if you are making cookies with the kids so I think I like the recipe from
Bread & Honey a little better. It is a little easier to work with and still yummy. I like my cookies soft and a little chewy. I have to be careful not to over bake them.
I also made a quick firetruck cake. Buddy boy had been asking for a firetruck cake almost daily for weeks so I finally made one. I just used whipped cream and Duplo pieces. It wasn't particularly pretty and didn't take much, but the smiles I got were fantastic.
I tried out a
new bread recipe. This recipe for no-knead bread turned out great. It is crusty and chewy and easy. I'll definitely make it again. You do need a lot of time since it rised for 4 plus hours, and this is the "speedy" version.
1 comment:
I meant to comment a couple of days ago but got called away from the computer...:)
I am so glad you found a sugar cookie recipe you love - everyone should have one ;)
I have never seen another one with nutmeg in it so I am anxious to try the one you preferred! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment