
I had some oatmeal that was getting a little old so I have been baking with it. I love oatmeal cookies, but I only need so many of those around the house, so I added it to my regular bread recipe in place of some of the white bread flour. I really like what it did, a little nutty, a little more texture, whole grain, but not as harsh as whole wheat can be. I blended the oats to make a course oat flour rather than use the bigger pieces of the old fashioned oatmeal. I replaced somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the flour with the oats, I wasn't really measuring.
Oh, and it makes fabulous French toast, just in case you were wondering.
1 comment:
I have added oat flour to almost all my recipes that just require white flour. There is a slightly different taste and texture but everything usually turns out great. Cookies, biscuits, pancakes, cakes, they all seem to turn out well and I feel good about giving the foods a touch more nutrition and fiber than they would have otherwise.
Post a Comment