This story made me think of the Washington cousins that came down every year to visit the family. I wondered if they ever got to go anywhere else on vacation. Now we are the out of state cousins though we haven't been as regular at making our visits.
Having been on my fair share of car trips as a kid I can relate to this next one. Actually my grandparents lived fairly close and the car trips are great memories. I'm glad we did it. However, we are not as brave as my parents were in this matter.
I'm So Carsick
(to the tune of "Oh, Susanna")
I'm in my dad's Toyota
And we're now in hour three
I'm gonna visit Grandma
Though I wish she'd drive to me.
We had some lunch
A while ago
A tiny pizza pie
I need a soda or some juice
'Cause boy, my throat is dry!
I'm so carsick
Between you and me
We've been driving for so long that
I am growing a goatee!
Some take the bus
Some take the train
And others get to fly
We're in this car, in the slow lane
I think I'm gonna cry!
I'm so carsick
Gotta go wee-wee
Hey Dad, stop this Toyota
And next time, go without me!
Having been on my fair share of car trips as a kid I can relate to this next one. Actually my grandparents lived fairly close and the car trips are great memories. I'm glad we did it. However, we are not as brave as my parents were in this matter.
I'm So Carsick
(to the tune of "Oh, Susanna")
I'm in my dad's Toyota
And we're now in hour three
I'm gonna visit Grandma
Though I wish she'd drive to me.
We had some lunch
A while ago
A tiny pizza pie
I need a soda or some juice
'Cause boy, my throat is dry!
I'm so carsick
Between you and me
We've been driving for so long that
I am growing a goatee!
Some take the bus
Some take the train
And others get to fly
We're in this car, in the slow lane
I think I'm gonna cry!
I'm so carsick
Gotta go wee-wee
Hey Dad, stop this Toyota
And next time, go without me!
This book is worth a look for the hilarious illlustrations and funny lyrics, though you may not want your kids singing these songs at the top of their lungs through the neighborhood.
Can you relate?

4 comments:
This is a total random comment, but I saw on one of your friends in the kitchen blog that you know the Lofgens (Jenny and Trent). Ha we do too. They used to be in our UCLA ward. Small world:)
Wait a minute....I know about 1/2 of those people from your friends in the kitchen blog. What a great blog! I've already taken quite a few recipes.
Laura Lawrence is the one who started the recipe blog. She knows the Jenny and the others. I wish I could meet them.
I hope you'll add your own recipes. I'm always looking for ideas.
My favorite silly song from that silly song book is Br Mitch to the tune of london bridges. It always cracks me up!
Post a Comment