I ask Buddy boy to name words that start with the letter of the day and we write them all down. Now that he has somehow learned to read, we practice reading the words as well. He isn't writing very clearly yet at all. That will come. Here are some of our words.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
W and B
More letter days. We aren't doing this in any order or even very regularly. I just sort of happens while Buddy boy is playing with his Legos while Baby Girl is napping. I choose the letter to go with what we are already doing or eating and go from there. The day we started with Waffles for breakfast and had whole wheat D.W. mac and cheese and watermelon for lunch I had to go with it. We also talked about questions and question words on W day. Maybe some of this sticks.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He's READING??! How did this happen?? Any tips??
Our Miss Camille is FINALLY starting to take interest in expressing herself in actual words rather than garble... she's 2 1/2... this letter-of the day idea may help her with beginning sounds... Thanks!
Post a Comment