Friday, August 28, 2009

New skirt

As I sit here watching Project Runway with my husband, I'll show you my latest creation. The shape of the skirt is the same basic A-line I used in my last skirt. The fabric is a cotton khaki twill. What makes it fun is the design I put on the front and continued to the back. First I sketched the design on paper, then transferred it to the fabric pieces using tracing paper and my little tracing wheel.
I used my foot with the hole in the cross piece to make the design. I threaded #10 crochet cotton through the foot and sewed it down with a narrow zig zag stitch. I did most of the design double to make it stand out a little more. The tight turns and corners were a little tricky, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Nice touch! I'm a bit of a Project Runway fan myself, but it still hasn't inspired me to make much clothing for myself.

Anonymous said...

Alison,

That skirt is awesome! Wish I could see it in person.
Michelle B.