Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Dolly for Baby Girl

Baby girl loves buckles and buttons and snaps and zippers. So I decided to make a doll that had all of those things. As a kid we had a Dapper Dan doll that had lots of little fasteners and things on it. I also had a doll that was awake on one side and asleep on the other. I combined the ideas for this doll.

For the hair I used curly elastic shoe laces. I think that this might be her favorite part. She pulls them and they spring back. For some reason this is hilarious. The awake side has a little jacket that buttons closed. Underneath she has suspenders. One buckles and the other goes through a little ribbon loop and velcros closed.


The sleepy side is wearing footy pajamas with a zipper and BIG snap at the top. (Thanks for the snap Mom.)
This had been a lot of fun to plan and make, but I don't think I will be doing anything like this again any time soon. No Etsy shop for me. It took much longer than I had planned, but the end result was worth it.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the springy hair too.
Michelle

Sea Star said...

Wow! that is a project. It did turn out really cute and I sure she loves it. I have often thought of making something like that but just couldn't ever bring myself to do it. Good for you!

jessica said...

That is so ingenious! Love it! And you are right - most really cute projects are way too time consuming to sell.

Aida said...

wow- such a neat present!