Monday, December 14, 2009

You do not work alone.

In preparing for today's RS lesson I remembered a General Conference talk by Pres. Eyring from October 2002. The talk is advice to people who are new to their church callings. To me, at that time, I think that it applied more generally as well, to any time that we are doing a good work and the work of the Lord.

He counseled people that God would magnify them in their callings and that they would need it. The part that I particularly remembered was this.

"There will be times when you feel overwhelmed. One of the ways you will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate. Well, you are inadequate to answer the call to represent God with only your own powers. But you have access to more than your natural capacities, and you do not work alone." -President Henry B. Eyring

Knowing that I was not alone in my efforts of the time was incredibly comforting. It still is today.

No comments: