Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sneak Peak: Sewing

Tonight after putting Baby Girl in bed a little early (no nap today), I went to the fabric store ALL BY MYSELF.  So nice.  I couldn't luxuriate in the solitude to much because the store was closing soon, but I did find most of what I was looking for.  I had a couple of fun prints in my stash that needed partners for the projects I have in mind, so off I went with my little bag of fabric, looking for coordinating fabric.


The florals were all from the stash.  I picked up the green circles to go with the bright coral, the lilac dots for the green floral, and the grey to go under the crazy white print.  I will even use some of the rick rack from my Mom/Grandma's stash.  Take a look at the labels.  When was the last time Penny's (JC Penney) sold rick rack for 13 cents.  When was the last time JC Penney sold rick rack at all?

Since I just finished my corduroy skirt, hopefully I'll get these things done before the end of the summer or next summer.


1 comment:

jessica said...

Good luck with your projects! I love the fabrics, especially the floral on the right. Can't wait to wee what you make.