Happy 5th Birthday Buddy Boy!
What a day! It started with a serenade call from Grandma and Grandpa. Then off to preschool with Dad. It was Dad's parent helper day so Buddy Boy took his latest Lego creation to share with the class and #5 cookies for snack time. Someone in the class can't eat eggs so I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and used the tip from Cory Ramey of the NY Times to substitute 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of flax seed meal and 3 tablespoons water. I've done this with oatmeal cookies as well. I think it works better there since the brown flecks are hidden in the oatmeal.
That afternoon I finished up the cake and party prep. Jack had a few requests for the party. One was a Lego Power Miner Crystal Sweeper cake. Hmmm. Well sometimes it's OK to get just what you want, so I did the best I could and I was quite pleased with the result. It was a fun challenge.
Then party time! Why does this make me so anxious. I can speak in front of hundreds of people, lead a class discussion, and a lot of other things, but a party of 4 and 5 year olds makes me nervous. I HATE to host parties. I don't mind the planning or the prep work, but the actual party thing is pretty crazy making for me. I hope people had a good time. He wanted to invite the "whole world". Well, we didn't invite the whole world, but there were a whole lot of kids there, including friends from church and school and a few cousins thrown in the mix. We played at the park. We had a few games and played with the parachute. I overestimated their attention span and game playing ability so it ran a little short. After strawberries, juice, and pizza we ended with a little crystal treasure hunt. The crystal hunt was another request from the birthday boy so we came up with something. We used pictures for the treasure hunt to tell the kids where to go and ended with a prize for each kid.
GrandDad and his camera were there. I wanted pictures, but didn't want to have to worry about taking them, so GrandDad took all the photos. THANK YOU!
Buddy Boy was happy. That is why we did it all.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Your kids are SO CUTE! What a good mom. What a fun request for a cake. Kids and their wants are so funny sometimes. Sounds like a great party. Happy Birthday!
Sounds like a great party! I have a hard time hosting parties too. They make me nervous.
Post a Comment