Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kid stuff

We had a couple rainy afternoons and a few extra long naps from Baby Girl.  That made for some long afternoons to fill.  One day we made mints after Buddy Boy saw marzipan mice in a book.  We made mint mice as well as little roses.  I tried a couple of little chocolate peanut butter candies, but without a recipe they didn't turn out very well.
We also made a car out of a box.  So much fun, for a little box.
Baby Girl has fallen in love with princesses.  I don't know how it happened.  On this morning she wanted to wear her pink princess dancing dress.  She says that she is a princess and so am I.  Buddy Boy and Daddy are policemen.  Well if she is a princess at least I get to be one as well.  My consolation is that she likes to play with swords and dinosaurs as well as her princess dress-ups.
Buddy Boy really likes Henry and Mudge.  He calls the dog Smudge.  We get the books at the library and he reads them to me.  It is good practice for him.  This one was a story about spies and secret codes, so we did a little secret coding ourselves.
It was a simple code with the alphabet and numbers 1-26.  He got a little writing in, something he resists.
All in all a good week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We like the Henry and Mudge books too.

Richard said...

Seriously cool! I love the creative ideas that you do with your kids. Making a car out of a box reminds me of a Primary activity where we had a "drive in" movie in the Gymnasium. Of course, my car was the Batmobile. Anyway, I love seeing the world through kids eyes. It helps me appreciate it more.