We arrived early before the sun was over the mountain and fortunately the shade from the trees that line main street and a few clouds, perhaps a little divine intervention, helped keep the crowds comfortable on a beautiful morning.
(So do we look alike, just a little?)
After all of the church and civic dignitaries turned their shovel full of dirt, the kids were called up and a crowd of camera toting mothers followed. After the kids anyone could come in for their own photo op. It was fun, so here were are, shovel in hand.
That afternoon we headed to Cherry Hill Campground for our reunion. The kids and I had a great time. I got to see and talk to cousins I hadn't seen in many years. It was a lot of fun. The water slides and pirate ship didn't hurt.
Back tracking just a little bit, we stopped at Temple Square on the way home from the airport. The kids had never been there before and I hadn't been there in a very long time. It was a great experience. The kids especially loved the scale model of the Salt Lake Temple, the seagull monument, and of course the statue of Christ in the North Visitor's Center.
We have only been here a couple of days, but these days will be tough to top. We have more fun planned including a visit to a REAL cowboy to see his horses and cows.


No comments:
Post a Comment