Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkins, Policeman, and Princess... Oh my!



This year Evelyn was very specific about what she wanted to be for Halloween, a princess with a crown and a star wand.  I decided to make a dress for her since I figured that it would get a lot of use as dress up after Halloween.  I think I was right.  She has worn it off and on for four days straight.  I wanted something cute and little girly, not just a small grown up dress.

I used a regular dress pattern and switched the pinafore a bit to button up the front and added layers to the overskirt.  I really liked the bows on the sleeves and the sparkly irridescent polka dots.  She likes the princess police badge.


 The braid down the front is a bit I got from Mom.  The rest around the neck and bodice is gold ric rac twisted together like this.


 I especially liked the effect with the kitty boots...
 

...and the coordinating lollypop.


Buddy Boy was a policeman.  Surprise.  Surprise.  Only this time he was a detective, plain clothes.



Sunday afternoon we carved pumpkins, in uniform this time.


What should it look like? 
Round eyes.  Tongue out.  Like this...


Like this?


Like this.


OK.


Buddy Boy carbed a zombie.


This one is my favorite.  I like the target eyes.


1 comment:

L said...

An undercover detective! That is a brilliant costume idea. I'm totally going to steal it. Don't let the police officer know. ;)