Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy New Year

I know it's odd to have a new year post in May, but it was about a year ago when things started to go down hill for me.  If I was someone else I might say that this past year was #^%*&;?!.  The worst of it was September-October and then November with the cancer diagnosis.  Once the treatments started it actually got better.  Sometimes you don't realize how bad things have been until it's over.  After one last thing it now seems to be over.  Now I feel like I'm back.

Before all of this started My Girl started requesting the second verse of the church song, I Am A Child Of God, at bed time.  So this is what I've been singing almost nightly for quite awhile.

     I am a child of God, and so my needs are great;
     Help me to understand his words before it grows to late.
     Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way,
     Teach me all that I must do to live with him some day.

So, thanks to my little one for the reminder and Happy New Year.

No comments: