Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dancing skeletons

Here's the latest addition to the recylable Halloween decorations, dancing skeletons.  Silver marker on white paper doesn't photograph well, but you get the idea.
 

I traced the kids on to a roll of paper while they demonstrated their best dance moves.  My Girl is showing her disco groove.  We had just gotten back from gymnastics.  More on that another time.

I used left over wrapping paper from last Christmas.  I use it throughout the year for all sorts of things.  After the holidays are over you can get it really cheap.  I look for those that are the least Christmasy so that I can use it for wrapping year 'round, but we use the back for art projects and I also use it for pattern making when I sew.


After tracing the kids I sketched in the bones.  It isn't anatomically correct, but it's definitely skeleton-y.

No comments: