Monday, October 22, 2012

Haunted house

The kids were extremely excited about decorating the house for Halloween.  Unfortunately, we just don't have that many holiday decorations.  All of our non-Christmas holiday decor fits quite easily into one plastic bin in the garage, and I plan to pretty much keep it that way.  So enter the one time use holiday decorations.

We added spooky monster eyes to a couple of the bushes in front.



Then sneaky cats...

and bats to My Girl's window.

 
The big piece was the haunted house on the front window.  It is best seen at night.  I did something similar a couple of years ago.  I liked it then and I like my new version as well.  I like the larger house, but without the bats it isn't very creepy.  I'll have to fix that somehow in future versions.
 


I cut the house and fence by hand, but used my handy dandy cutting machine for the cats and bats.

1 comment:

Alice and Richard said...

Love the window decorations!