Friday, May 24, 2013

A visit from the Grandparents

Grandma and Grandpa came to town.  We haven't seen them for a couple of years since they've been on a mission for our church.  The first couple of days they were here were hot so we headed for the beach.  It was a great day.  I love going to the beach on weekdays after school.  It's uncrowded and beautiful.  We just watch the weather and go when it's good and avoid the weekends like the plague.
 

With Grandma and Grandpa playing on the beach with My Girl, I had a chance to have a little fun myself.




Grandma got to see the dress rehearsal for My Girl's dance class.  It's pretty cute.  I like this class, low key, age appropriate costumes and music, and she loves it.


We also did Projects.  Grandpa loves a project so we had saved up a few for him.  We now have a new bed for more tomatoes.  I now have 8 tomato plants.  Since I'm the only one in the family who eats fresh tomatoes that's a lot of pasta sauce.  I'll need to plant more basil.  My girl was concerned that the new bed was in the middle of her soccer field.  We still have plenty of room for soccer and the tomatoes.



Grandpa also painted, hauled compost, insulated and covered exposed plumbing, pruned an overgrown lemon tree, and helped take out a beast of a cactus.  I could go on for pages about how much I hated that plant.  The only problem was that I wasn't paying attention and learned a little too late that it was on our neighbor's property.  OOPS!  Fortunately he was OK with it.  He didn't like it either.  We (he) got a lot of work done. Grandma helped the kids sort and organize their rooms, mended and sewed.  I think we all wore ourselved out.

Thanks for coming and thanks for all the help.

No comments: