We started off with some snow coloring pages, mazes, and decorating goodie bags. I love that for little girls coloring is a fun party activity. I also love to hear them talk. Their conversations are hilarious.
We played pass the present. In this game little treasures are wrapped in layers of a present, one in each layer. The kids pass the present while the music plays. When the music stops you get to unwrap a layer and claim a prize. We had hair clips and bands and snowman notebooks and pencils.
Then it was back to the kitchen for sugar cone Christmas trees and marshmallow snowmen. It's like decorating gingerbread houses, but much simpler. There are now marshmallows in three sizes. The biggest one is huge. Wilton makes food markers that we used for the faces. I originally bought the orange and black for Halloween, but I've used them more for snowmen than I have for Halloween.
We kept it pretty simple with M&M decorations and fruit roll up scarves. By the way, did you know that M&Ms are available in a new very girly set of colors? Pink, red, blue, turquoise, and purple. I had some big star sprinkles that we used to top the trees. They turned out great.
After the frosting we played snow blower. We taped a square in the middle of a blue blanket and used straws to blow cotton balls into the center. After a few rounds of that they were ready for jewelry making. I just let them loose with pipe cleaners and beads. We got bracelets, necklaces, and tiaras in all sorts of shapes and colors. It was fun.
You can't have a birthday party without cake, or in this case, snowflake cupcakes.
And with that we called it a day. Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment