Monday, September 22, 2014

A Camping we will go...

I know I am pretty slow about posting, but blogging has taken a back seat to living life.  I don't want to give up on it since this how I share what we are going with family and friends and also a sort of online journal.

This summer we had a great time camping.  We went on three camping trips to different spots and they were all great.

Our first trip was a Cub Scout family camp at Camp Cutter.  The nice thing about this camp is that it is pretty close, but still out in the middle of the woods.  The other nice thing is the tents.  During regular scout camp these may be reserved for staff, but we made good use of them while we were there.  Smooth level wooden floor?  Yes, please.  Friends with walkie-talkies are a bonus.


Of course there was arts and crafts, which at Cub camp means leather work.  Always a hit.



For this kids the best part was the fishing.  We were pretty lucky.  There was not only fishing, but actual catching as well.  That is a rare thing.  These fish weren't so smart.  They took the bait over and over again.  They weren't scared off by all the people in canoes or the hordes of boys fishing.  At the store they sold fishing line, a hook, and a wooden bead for a bobber.  The boys found their own stick and they fished Huckleberry Finn style.  The kids love-loved it.




I enjoyed the archery.  I'm getting better.  Still need more practice.



Of course there were camp fire skits.  It was an amazing backdrop with the pond/lake trees and setting sun.  Since it is family camp the little sisters get to participate too.


The afternoons were sunny and warm and the mornings were cool and foggy since we were on the ocean side of the mountains.



This trip was a fantastic way to start off the summer.

No comments: