Our last camping trip of the summer was another Cub Scout family camp at Camp Pico Blanco. It is a beautiful place south of Monterey and inland a bit. We came here last year and had a great time. The one bad thing that happened was that we forgot My Girl's bag. Since we didn't have any back-up I went back to Monterey to pick up a few things. It wasn't a total waste. I got to see some beautiful scenery including the sun set over the ocean. As I was eating my dinner in the lovely spot I even got to see several whale spouts. That pretty much made up for the extra hours in the car.
The camp is in among the redwoods along the Little Sur river. There isn't much of it left right now but the kids had a great time throwing rocks into what little water there was. There was a little water front area where we played and canoed and I got to try stand up paddle boarding. I like it a lot. It was a little tricky because I was using a canoe paddle that was much too short and the water was extremely crowded with canoes. I'd like to do it again sometime.
The major attractions were the river and the hammock. Why are hammocks so much fun? The kids found it endlessly entertaining.
I'm having fun in Cub Scouts and I think Buddy Boy is too.
No comments:
Post a Comment