Thursday, April 9, 2015

20+ Questions: My Boy


Another year... another set of answers.

Height 57.5 inches (87th %ile)  Weight 91pounds (89th %ile)

 1. What are your favorite colors?
Cyan, blue

He is pretty consistent on this one.  He loves turquoisey blue.

2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Bacon

3. What is your favorite candy?
A lot for example Kit Kats, jelly beans etc.

4. What is your favorite drink?
Diet 7up

 5. Where is your favorite place to go?
Cyberspace

He likes to spend time online playing games and watching video game you tube videos.  I can understand the appeal, but it gets to be too much at times and we have to ratchet it back.  We don't have a specific time limit for screen time, but there are things that need to be done first and sometimes the answer is just no.

 6. What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
Work in the front yard

Funny.  We have been relandscaping the front yard and the kids have helped a bit.  I let them leave when they are done, so their overall work output isn't large.  They like shoveling dirt and we have definitely been doing a lot of that.

7. What is your favorite toy?
Teddy Panda

Teddy Panda is starting to show his age.  He has been joined by Bomby (a Minecraft Creeper I made) and more recently Gentoo (a life size penguin).

8. What is your favorite thing to wear?
My pajamas

9. What is your favorite animal?
Panda

10. What is your favorite song?
Rawhide, Where the wind blows, Big iron.

He really likes the old cowboy music.  It is pretty funny.  I think he likes the stories in the ballads.  He listens to the Rawhide channel on Pandora which plays the old cowboy music as well as some country.  He likes it. 

11. What is your favorite book?
Too many, By The Great Horn Spoon, The Big Book of Boy Stuff, Bush Craft, etc.

He reads and reads and reads.  He rereads the same books a lot.  He studies the Dungeons and Dragons rule books and discusses them with a couple of friends.  He giggles over Garfield and Tin Tin.

12. What is your favorite game?
Terraria, Minecraft, Spatials

Computer games of course.  He also likes to play other games, but it is harder to find other players.  I don't always make the time.

13. Who are your best friends?
Ryan, Langdon

It is good that he has a few good friends.  He eats lunch with Ryan most days, but next year Ryan goes to middle school.  That will be tough.

14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Varies, Build shelters, goof off etc.

He has a great imagination and likes to play survivor type games in the back yard.  Sometimes My Girl joins in, but not often.

15. What is your favorite TV show or movie?
The Lego movie

He doesn't watch TV very much.  Mostly his screen time is spend on the computer.

16. What is your favorite holiday?
My Birthday and Christmas

I sense a present theme.

17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Teddy Panda, and Bomby

I'm not sure what we would do if something ever happened to Teddy Panda.  He is 10 and Teddy Panda still comes to church with us on Sundays.

18. What is your favorite thing to do inside?
Play computer games

We need to expand that.  He has piano and is starting guitar and sits at the park during My Girl's soccer practice.  He plays with his Legos, setting up elaborate zombie apocalypse scenarios.

19. What do you want for your birthday or Christmas?
I don't know.

Hmm.  He asks for stuff all the time, usually computer games and things he sees online.  If he can't remember it it must not be that important. I don't feel bad about saying no.

20. What do you want to do in the next year?
I'm not sure.

21. What do you like about school?
Seeing my friend Ryan and learning about the gold rush.

He has been looking forward to studying the gold rush for a long time.  He has been reading about it for years.  I'm glad he is finally there.  I think he is really enjoying it.

22. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A programmer and a husband and father.

He keeps saying he wants to be a programmer.  He may or may not end up there.  That is OK.  He is learning something about programming each week with some online lessons he does with a teenager in the ward.  He was getting stuck on his own so he is now working with someone else to help him through.  I think it was a bit much for him to take on at his age, but he is working his way through.

I'm really glad to see husband and father on the list.  He is such a family boy and home body.


He is a good boy and still very sweet, but he is growing up quickly.  Occasionally I get glimpses of who is becoming.  I just hope we can help him grow into his best self.  I want to protect him, but know he needs more and more independence.

No comments: