Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Autumn or Spring?

I can't decide which season is my favorite. I love spring and fall. I love the times of transition and the rapid changes. I love the way the light changes and the colors change. In spring the drabness of winter gives way to spring flowers and fresh new leaves. In the fall summer's green which has gotten a little dull and dusty changes to rich golds, orange, red, and even purple. With the changing seasons there is a freshness in the air. In the spring the cold and wet are freshened with warmth and the smell of things blooming. In the fall the hot stale air takes on a fresh crispness that I love.


Here in Northern California these seasons are a little more subtle and sometimes a little mixed up. It is September and we were planting peas and pansies as we watch the leaves change. Buddy boy kept checking to see if the peas were growing. I told him that it takes more than a day. He keeps checking and watering.



2 comments:

Montserrat said...

After autumn spring is my next favorite season. I love the colors abundant in both.

Your little man sure is having fun with the hose!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

I think california is simmilar to where I live in australia... seasons are very subtle here