Sunday, January 11, 2009

Love & Faith


“My dear Emma, my heart is entwined around you and those little ones. I want you to remember me. Tell all the children that I love them and will come home as soon as I can.”
“God ruleth all things after the counsel of his own will. My trust is in him."
- Joseph Smith

I used a little online gadget to look at the letters of Joseph Smith in a new way. The gadget creates the image above where words are sized according to their frequency in the original text. You can see what is important to him, God, his little children, Emma. He is expressing his inner feelings in these personal letters with frequent requests that Emma tell the children of his love and faith.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I love wordle. Cool graphic!

Becky said...

That's a really beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing...:_

Aida said...

I'm so glad you sent me a new years update and your blog address! I love your blog.