or G'ma and Pa Pa as Baby Girl says.
We had a great visit with my parents. They left their frozen home to visit us in our wet and drizzly home. Well, you can't have sun every day. We still had fun with dinners with Grammie and GrandDad and the Santa Cruz cousins and watching the surfers in Santa Cruz. We wanted to watch butterflies, but we only saw two. For some reason Baby Girl felt compelled to push the grass. I don't know why. She just kept saying, "pushing grass." OK.
We spent a morning at the Children's Discovery Museum. The kids had a great time, but I remembered why I don't go without other adults. It is loud and full of kids on school field trips. Around lunch time it was a little better, but I've had my fill for awhile.
We went to the Rose Garden one afternoon and blew dandelions. It is a beautiful place even in the winter.
Mom brought her projects which included sorting sewing patterns and trims. She brought them so that she could share. I kept a few of the patterns for kid clothes and some of the trims as well. How can you say no to metallic gold ric rac and hot pink ball fringe? The trims will find their way on to sewing and craft projects at some point in the future. Some of the trims (and patterns for that matter) came from my grandmother's stash. I don't have plans to make any of these dresses, but they are fun to look at. I can imagine my Grandmother wearing the dress on the left and Mom remembers wearing the little shoulder cape from the center pattern in first grade or so.
It was great to just spend time together and also to listen to Buddy boy and Grandpa slaying dragons in the yard. Did you know that if you stick the dragons in the belly button their legs fall off?
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment