Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day - part 2

Friday morning the kindergarten class had a Mother's Day breakfast.  The night before Buddy Boy informed me that I needed to wear a dress and that he needed to wear a shirt with buttons.  Apparently this was to be a fancy occasion.  I already had my corsage and necklace in my favorite colors no less.  How thoughtful.


When we arrived one mom had clearly been dressed by her daughter.  She was wearing a lavender full length formal gown.  Not your typical drop the kids at school outfit.  She looked a little like Cinderella with dark hair.  Way to go mom.  I loved that she would do that.

The kids were adorable and very serious as they took our orders for our mini-muffins and drinks.  Buddy Boy wanted to get it just right.  We then read a story together while he ate.  Each mom was presented a book made by their child.  This was my favorite thing.  I'll share the cover and a few pages.



cover - a police scene.
 
We're talking on the phone.

I absolutely love this one.  What he means is that I can read his mind and I know exactly what he needs.  In the picture he is sad because he is missing Teddy Panda.

I didn't think our dancing was particularly note worthy, but it has clearly made an impression.

Another appearance by a stuffed animal.  This time his snake, Fuz Fuz, a birthday gift from friends last year, one of his favorite things right now.

Last Sunday wasn't the best of days, but this was great.  I feel loved.

No comments: