Buddy Boy turned 6. We took cupcakes to school. He was very specific that there needed to be enough for everyone to have two. So we did. That evening we had a little family party and that weekend we had a dinosaur birthday party at the park with friends. Surprisingly I don't really have much in the way of photos. Trust me a good time was had by all and much cake was consumed.
We've been working in the yard. I told the gardeners that the landlord hired not to weed in the backyard since they can't tell the difference between a weed and a pea plant. So I've done a whole lot of weeding and we also built a little raised bed for some veggies, probably tomatoes and cucumbers mostly.
By the way we are eating the peas I replanted.
I found a new bottle of rose syrup. I am down to my last little bit and what would I ever do if I ran out? (I use the rose syrup to sweeten hot or cold lemonade.) I also found date syrup in the same store. I'm not sure what to do with it, except give it to my parents and let them figure it out.
There was an egg drop competition at school. Given the continuing fascination with all things Egyptian, Buddy Boy and I made a pyramid out of cardboard tubes. The egg itself was in a baggie, wrapped in bubble wrap then put in the center of the pyramid. I wasn't sure if it would make it, but it survived. He was very pleased.
Books. For Buddy Boy the Egyptian theme continues. A friend introduced me to the You Wouldn't Want to be.. series. There were four related to Egypt, Egyptian Mummy, Cleopatra, Pyramid Builder, and Tutankhamen. There are a lot more.
I also rediscovered the books of Ed Emberley. They are a fun introduction to drawing using basic shapes and simple lines. I remembered them from my childhood when I saw them in the art room at school. Buddy Boy was fascinated so we picked a couple up at the library. I like the skateboarding thumbprints jumping over the skeleton pit. And, yes, that is a George Washingthumb floating in the cloud above it all.


No comments:
Post a Comment