Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monoprints

I volunteer at Buddy Boy's school each week.  During the time that I'm there the kids go to art.  I really like what the teacher does.  It's fun to see the projects around the room from the different classes.  Recently the whole school colaborated on a collage mural for the classroom wall.  There were trees, clouds, people, animals of all sorts above ground and below.  His class was in charge of making the below ground creatures.  There were bugs of all sorts, moles, rabbits, mice etc.  Buddy Boy informed the teacher that they needed minerals and gold because they were underground too.  So she gave a box colorful shiny bits that he glued to the dirt on the wall.  He said, "Yea, I'm creative."  I'm glad he feels that way.

Last week the teacher had them making monoprints.  They painted on a plastic tray then pressed the paper on to the tray and lifted it up.  Depending on how much paint was used you could get a couple of prints if you wanted.  It is great when they are all having such a good time and just taking care of it all themselves.  Buddy Boy's work has a definite underground mineral and gold vibe to it.  We'll probably be doing this again at home...outside.

No comments: