Monday, July 11, 2011

the Joker Soaker

After seeing this I knew I wanted to build my own kid wash for the backyard.  I've been waiting for it to get hot enough to play in the water and then all of a sudden it was.  We had the pvc pipes from a couple years ago.  All I needed was an adapter for the hose and end caps so all the water didn't run out.  I pulled out the drill and drilled away.  It was all rather free form.  I didn't even need to glue the joints.  Just make sure they are pushed in tight so that the water pressure doesn't spring it loose.  I did learn that you can only do so many holes or there isn't enough water pressure to make it all work.  For us the magic number seems to be about 35 1/8 inch holes, if I remember right.  Bigger size, fewer holes.  It's been fun.  If I were to do it again I might look for a different hose adapter.  This pvc one fits tight on the pvc pipes, but is a little difficult to connect to the hose.

And so the Joker Soaker was born.  Buddy Boy named it.  The name fits, although I'm not sure who the Joker is supposed to be.


She isn't running through because she is trying to wash the sidewalk paint off her hands, legs, every other body part, swim shirt...  Not a product I'd recommend for the faint of heart or clean of floor.  This photo shows the full thing and all the water the best.

I strategically placed this over the dry spots in the back lawn hoping to revive it a bit.  If not this summer, it will green up over the winter.

Maybe the table top version is next.