Awhile ago I ran across a book on wire crochet jewelery. I was interested. I like wire. One of the projects was a bead like this. It reminded me of the beautiful jewelry by Niiro, the Entangled collection. The example in the book was a 1.25 inch cube. I went with a smaller oval bead. It was pretty easy to do, just chains slip stitched together wherever they cross. You start with a larger hook and go smaller and smaller until you completely cover the wooden bead you started with. After I decided the wire was thick enough I tucked the end in and tapped it all down with a hammer to pack the wire all together and smooth it out. You can still see a little bit of wood through the wire, but I'm done. I like it even though it is pretty big and I'm more of a small simple jewelry person. I also need to string it on something a little better than balloon ribbon. I'm still thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment