Monday, September 12, 2011

Sailing, sailing

Dad likes sailing, not that we have really done much together, but that doesn't matter.  His uncle had a boat and he did some sailing with his family as a kid and teenager.  We rented a little Hobie cat for an afternoon on our honeymoon, but that was awhile ago, and I wasn't very good at it.  I had a hard time getting the concept for some reason.  Anyway, we are now the proud owners of this little 8 foot el toro sail boat.  The shovel on top tells you it's an el toro.  One of the advantages of this boat is that it is small enough to put on top of our minivan.  It needs a little work on the paint and varnish, but is otherwise in good shape with all of it's parts.
 

I think it will be a lot of fun.  As you can see it isn't very big, only one or two people.  One website said it was perfect for two children to sail.  It will be awhile before I let the kids go out by themselves on this thing.  My girl needs to learn to swim first.  When they are old enough to sail on their own I think we need another one so that we can race, assuming I learn to sail the little things before then.


There are a couple of reservoirs nearby that will be perfect for sailling this little boat.  I'm looking forward to it.


Do you like the new haircut?  She says she looks like Dora the Explorer.  I like that there is a lot less complaining about combing.  We both win.

No comments: