Monday, October 17, 2011

Ninja

It all started here, in Ninjago, the land of the Lego masters of spinjitsu.  We bought the minifigures.  We bought the books.

Cole DX - ninja of earth

Then I saw the cookie cutters and couldn't resist.  Because really, who can resist a ninja-bread man?


Now that it's almost Halloween it is time for costumes.  Buddy boy has been asking for a ninja costume for quite awhile.  So here it is, finally, ninja moves and all.


I found the black knit for a great deal.  The only drawback is that it is 100% polyester.  Or maybe that's a plus.  His costume will last forever.  Archeologists will ponder over the significance of the golden dragon.  I used pants and shirts we already had as a pattern.  Thankfully these things do not require a precise fit.  The head thing is made from three more or less bullet shaped pieces sewn together to make a hat/hood/mask/whatever you call it, with a gap in the front one for his face, and ties coming out the sides that cross in front and tie in back.  I drew and cut freezer paper stencils for the dragon pattern and painted them using metallic gold fabric paint.

If only you could see the perma-grin under that ninja mask.



3 comments:

Sea Star said...

Wow! That looks great. I bet that little guy has a smile on his face. What a perfect Halloween costume.

The Highlands Mathis said...

Coolest. Mom. Ever. Award!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Seriously - Mom of the Year award nomination from me too. You need to start a business - you could make millions! Way to go!