Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Alley in Eze

Here is a paper cut I did of a picture from the watercolor painting tutorial I did a couple months ago.  My painting is here.  I wanted to see what it would look like in a different medium.  It is interesting to see the differences.  If nothing else it really points out that my art in both mediums need a lot more work.


It isn't bad, but isn't great either.  You can't really tell that there are flowers in the pots.  I think that they should have been cream.  In the painting the center of interest is clearly the top of the stairs.  Here the doors and the arch are more interesting.  I may try to rework it a bit or do another one.  Perhaps an even more simplified two color version.

This is the original photo.


Actually, this is the original photo which I cropped for my painting and paper cut.  After looking at it again, perhaps it was a mistake to crop out the second arch.  I wanted a closer view so that I could include more detail, however the second arch is a nice repeated element.

1 comment:

Alice Jo Webb said...

Very cool technique. Thanks for sharing!