I have a very social daughter. For weeks she has been talking about her Valentine's Day party and wouldn't let it go so I figured we might as well do it. I'm not a party person, but she may change that. It's one of, or really the main reason we decided on five day a week preschool for her next year. She'll love it. Her best friend will be there with her and some of her other friends are starting kindergarten so they won't be available for morning playdates anyway. Buddy Boy was completely different. He would still rather be at home with me. They are just polar opposites in this way.
We invited a couple of friends over for the morning. They came with their moms and younger siblings and I think we all had a good time. We made heart sugar cookies. We decorated them with colored sugar and sprinkles before baking to avoid the whole frosting step. It worked well.
I cut hearts and words out of cardstock with my Sillhouette machine and we used them for little crafts.
We made Valentines, butterflies, flowers, and creatures. I got the idea from Buddy Boy's Big Backyard magazine. These are just a few that were left over after everyone went home. The kids had fun, but it might work better with kids that are just a bit older.
After eating our cookies and strawberries there was dancing. These girls are real dancers. They loved it. There was a bit of an issue about whether to do freeze dancing or regular dancing, but we did both and that seemed to please everyone.
So there you have it, our Valentine's celebration. Dad and I celebrated by watching war movies and folding laundry. We're hopeless romantics that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment